Are you currently living outside the United States? Attend LCU for a day, a week, or even for the full year as an audit student — without the need for the application process!
Individuals living outside the United States now have two ways to attend LCU as an audit student in Dallas-Fort Worth:
1. Attend as an international audit student for a day or week. Skip the application process and attend LCU in-person at our Dallas-Fort Worth Training Center in Texas. As an international audit student, you’ll be able to select which days you desire to participate based on your own schedule or based on specific teachers listed on our schedule — for only $50 a day.
2. Attend as an international audit student for the full year in Dallas-Fort Worth. As an international student, you can choose to attend the year long program by registering as a full-time audit student! This is a way for you to experience LCU firsthand. You will not be enrolled or graduate from LCU by attending LCU Experience.
To register for one or more days of the audit program, click here to visit our LCU Experience page. Select the days you wish to attend on the LCU Experience page and process registration for each day. “LCU Experience” refers to our single-day audit program for both U.S. residents and international residents.
Is an international resident able to apply as a fully enrolled student at LCU?
At this point, we are not allowed to accept international residents due to I.N.S. regulations. We hope this will be possible by Fall 2020 (September). For now, Internationals that are interested in participating as an audit student should carefully read the following information taken from the U.S. Department of State website regarding a B-2 Tourist Visa and the ESTA Visa Waiver Program. International students are able to register as audit student under the provisions of the B-2 Tourist Visa as long as you abide by the guidelines and dates of your Visa and be able to show proof of a return ticket and finances to cover your stay in the United States.
Visit provisions for the B-2 Tourist Visa and the ESTA Visa Waiver Program:
- Vacation (holiday)
- Visit with friends or relatives
- Medical treatment
- Participation in social events hosted by fraternal, social, or service organizations
- Participation by amateurs in musical, sports, or similar events or contests, if not being paid for participating
- Enrollment in a short recreational course of study, not for credit toward a degree (for example, a two-day cooking class while on vacation)
What steps should I take to attend LCU as an international audit student?
- Fill out the form and complete payment for the days you plan to attend LCU.
- Email [email protected] with any additional questions. Please be advised that the Immigration Officer has sole discretion as to whom to let in and for how long. In short, we cannot guarantee your entry to the United States.
As an international audit student, does LCU provide accommodations / housing?
The University is unable to provide accommodations nor transportation for international audit students. We suggest that you research Airbnb.com or Hotels.com to find short term rentals or a hotel room near the campus: 7200 Denton Highway, Watuaga, TX.
Audit students will need to locate their own housing. LCU does not endorse any specific website, realtor, apartment, or home and does not moderate the Facebook Group provided for roommate connections. The information is presented as a service. To learn more about the options available for housing and find out how to locate a roommate, please see below: